Order now through Reformation Day (October 31st) and save 10% off the regular price. On sale now for just $8.99!
Order 10 or more books and also save 20% per book!
Lutheran Christians may have as strong a hand to play as any faith tradition in today's world. Grounded in reality and committed to Gods grace made real in Christ, Lutherans are able to be both hopeful and realistic in a way that is unique and life-giving. But to do that, we need to have a good idea what is in our hand and how to use the cards we have been dealt. In a clear, easy to read and useful style, Daubert gives 13 ideas (Ace through Two of our Lutheran “suit”) as well as ideas on how these concepts help us understand and articulate our faith in today's world. Each chapter contains just one key idea and is short and to the point. Plus chapters have questions for thought or discussion, making this an ideal book to read on your own or for a class or group setting as well.
Lutheran Trump Cards (from Ace through Two) are:
- ACE: There is no way to God (period)
- KING: Jesus reveals that God is love
- QUEEN: Trusting Gods grace allows us to hope for grace for others
- JACK: All the baptized have a vocation
- TEN: The priesthood of all believers
- NINE: Life is sacramental
- EIGHT: Worship is horizontal
- SEVEN: We love the Bible without worshiping it
- SIX: Perfection is not the point
- FIVE: Respond with freedom and gratitude
- FOUR: Faith forms the church
- THREE: We have an ecumenical heart
- TWO: We are always watching for change
Perhaps no book is as accessible and useful for people who share a Lutheran background and want to make sense of our find ways to graciously share their faith in todays world.
Pastor Lynn Bird said, “I got your book and took it home and read it that night. It was exactly the kinds of things we had been discussing for new members classes. I want ten more copies for all my new members bags here by next Sunday!”
|Bulk Buying Options|
|single|| ||$8.99 ex. tax|
|2 up to 9|| ||$9.99 ex. tax||per item|
|10 up to 2000|| ||$7.99 ex. tax||per item|